I’ve got a new notebook! It is just a cheap 2-in-1 transformer book, but I am thrilled nonetheless. While setting everything up, I noticed that my browser homepage could use an update. Let’s take a look at the current themes:
This is still my favourite theme, but I don’t like the combination of Oswald and Merriweather. I will pick a new second font.
Looks nice, too! However, I might want to try a different font.
Hmm, this theme worries me. I think it looks kind of weird, but I don’t really know how to fix it. I will have to take a closer look at new Ubuntu distros to figure out what I am doing wrong. Maybe I should use a purple gradient as a background?
The search bar is pretty, but yellow on gray doesn’t look good at all. I’m not impressed. Maybe the background should be lighter or darker? I will also try to add a different background color to the currently selected menu item. Hopefully, one of these options will work.
This is probably the worst theme. Everything about it seems off: The messy animations and off-putting color scheme need to be changed. I will completely change the color palette, but keep using cold hues. I don’t know yet how I will fix the animation issue.
I’m not too fond of material design in general. I followed the official guidelines closely, so there is not much to analyze about this theme. However, I will change the color scheme because I am using blue as a base color way too often.
Why did I choose that color palette? I don’t like it at all. Also, the background pattern needs to be much more refined.
This theme is weird, but I like it. I won’t change it.
There is not much you can improve about a bad taste theme. Everything will stay the same.
So far, I’ve come up with three new themes:
Inspired by computer screens of hackers on bad TV shows, this theme will be dark with green, monospaced text.
This theme will be minimalist and geometric.
There will be ghost buttons and simple lines.
It bugs me that there is so much content inside the main folder. I’ll add a new subfolder.
That’s it. If everything works out the way I intend, it shouldn’t take me more than 3-4 hours to implement all changes. Let’s see if I’m right!